The history of ODH foxhounds
ODH had pure American hounds from 1924 until 1965. Bill Brainard became master in 1966 and brought in a few Crossbred and English hounds.
By 1969-1970, there were 22 couple of American and 19½ couple of English.
Brainard stepped down in 1976-1977. Huntsman Ray Pearson left two seasons later. All English and Crossbred hounds were gone when Jim Atkins took over as huntsman in 1978. During his first year as huntsman, Atkins had 35 couple of American Hounds.
Gerald Keal arrived in 1994 and brought in two females that were Orange County and Andrew’s Bridge breeding. This brought a small nick of Penn-Marydel, to help improve the nose and voice of the pack.
In 2004, Keal traveled to England to pick up two females from the Vale of the White Horse Hunt in the Cotswolds. They carried the female line of Old Dominion Gorgeous who had been gifted to the English pack in the 1960s.
By 1969-1970, there were 22 couple of American and 19½ couple of English.
Brainard stepped down in 1976-1977. Huntsman Ray Pearson left two seasons later. All English and Crossbred hounds were gone when Jim Atkins took over as huntsman in 1978. During his first year as huntsman, Atkins had 35 couple of American Hounds.
Gerald Keal arrived in 1994 and brought in two females that were Orange County and Andrew’s Bridge breeding. This brought a small nick of Penn-Marydel, to help improve the nose and voice of the pack.
In 2004, Keal traveled to England to pick up two females from the Vale of the White Horse Hunt in the Cotswolds. They carried the female line of Old Dominion Gorgeous who had been gifted to the English pack in the 1960s.